Tuesday, September 16, 2008

How "They" Percieve Animation

Hello

Well Timmy that's pretty interesting. I'd like to see what you come up with.
I think my interest lies in the way in which people perceive animation. It seems to be this common notion that animations are cartoons and a medium directed towards children. I'd like to explore the reasons behind this. Could it be the popular production of main stream animations that are geared for children, like Disney, Pixar and Dreamworks. So do people need to be more exposed to other forms of animation?
Or is it that the look, style, or the medium in all that it contains can only lend itself in a certain manner and only be perceived in a certain way? What are the other forms of animation and why are they unpopular?
I think I'd pretty much like to concentrate on the way in which people think about animation and how it is presented and perceived.

1 comment:

Diana Reichenbach said...

Good topic Malak! I ask myself the same question and know that talking to most people, I think perception of animation may be due to exposure. As a personal statement, I started out never wanting to have anything to do with animation because of it's association with strictly 3D and hand drawn. Then I discovered there were other fields. Look forward to more about the topic!